Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!!! My First Finish!

Hello everyone!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!

Well I started the year off right with my first finish of the year!!! ( I finished a UFO )
This one I believe is from around 1992.
Anyway, I had put it down due to running out of floss.
Being that I was new to counted cross stitch and did not know as much as I do now.
Nor did I have the stash to figure out what color I should use.... it laid waiting to be finished.

So now my horsey lover of a daughter has a beautiful carousel horse....
I just wish I could have gotten all the stains out but I did get most of it out.

One down and 19 more finishes to go to reach my goal. Also, One UFO down and hopefully more to go!

10 comments:

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Congratulations on your very first finish of the New Year which is today...Good for you. I am so proud of you.

I love that Horse. It is so neat looking.

Take care & Happy Stitching

JessB said...

Woo Hoo- first finish of the year! Congrats!

Bette said...

Wow! You have really taken the bull by the horns! Congrats on your first finish of the year. I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines.

Mary said...

Congrats on your first finish. It's really pretty.

Carolyn NC said...

Awesome finish! Happy New Year!

Margie said...

congrats on the finish Dawn! It looks great! and I'm sure your daughter will love it! :~) I am hoping 2010 will be a year of finishes for me as well lol. Awesome job!

XXX,
Margie

Rene la Frog said...

Congrats on finishing a UFO...it is really nice and I'm sure your DD will love it even with the little stain.

Kathy A. said...

You deserve a big pat on the back for finishing a WIP from that long ago. It is lovely done and I am sure well appreciated by your horse loving daughter.

Daffycat said...

Awesome finish of a UFO!

Happy New Year!

Meari said...

Congrats on your first finish of 2010!