Monday, June 16, 2008

Well I did it again

I went to the store and I was beginning to walk my way back home.
I stepped off a curb and heard crack. (sounded just like a carrot being broke in half)
I yelled, "OH NO I DID IT AGAIN!!!! I BROKE MY ANKLE AGAIN!

There was a man in a car waiting for me to cross and he had stopped to help me.
He helped me to get off the hot asphalt and called 9-1-1 for me.
He was so kind and gentle and made sure I was ok.
He then helped me call my mother so that someone could get to my kids who would be coming home from summer school and she also called my husband.

There were also about 3-4 kind men from the Arizona auto wash that came and helped take care of me until emergency help could arrive. One of these men brought me water, another a bag full of ice, another just kept asking me if I needed anything... the last one saw a firetruck drive in and go park clear on the otherside of the parking lot. He went clear across the parking lot after that firetruck to let them know that they were needed where I was.

The firetruck and the paramedics arrived and they took over.... my 5 angels that took care of me soon disappeared. The paramedics had told my husband that I just sprained it but I stuck to my belief that I broke it. We got in the room after the xray and the nurse came in and said the films show that you have a fracture. I thought to myself.... DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Well unfortunately, this now means that I would not be able to get a job for the summer to help pay for bills. Please keep us in your prayers that we can pay for all that is needed.

I will be able to get some stitching time in but the unfinished housework will drive me crazy. Pray that the kids will help cover the slack where mom is unable to perform.

3 comments:

Bette said...

Dawn, I've just rediscovered your blog in the last few days (I orginally discovered it when I was in Minneapolis). I'm so sorry you broke your ankle. This is not a good time to be wearing a cast. I'm here in Glendale and please feel free to email me when you need someone to talk to. My blog is Reflections of a Desert rat. My email is azxser@aol.com.

Janice said...

Dawn, I am so sorry to hear about your accident. You take care and get well soon.

Patricia said...

Dawn, get well soon! Know you are in my prayers and thank God for the angels that ministered to you in your time of need. Thanks for sharing that with me. That is where you get Golden Angel from! Cool.