Monday, August 23, 2010

A special thanks!

This is a post of special thanks going out to Annie she sent a special RAK to my son!

She had posted about one of her crochet pieces in the shape of an elephant... I had commented that I need to make sure my 11yr old son (who I catch often looking at the blogs from behind me) does not see this great piece as he loves elephants.

She then asked if she could send the piece to my son. I was shocked to the extent of her generosity and said sure she could send it to my son. She decided to finish it in the form of a needlebook for him since he has been learning to stitch.

He received the elephant today. He was so excited when he saw the elephant and hollered "HOW DID SHE DO THAT!" Then he realized there was even more to the surprise meaning that it was a needlebook to keep his needles safe. He then began to jump for joy and yell "YES! YES! YES!"

Thanks again Annie!

I think your surprise was very well received! Just look at this smile!!!

10 comments:

Meari said...

That's awesome! I can see how thrilled he is :)

Mary-Anne said...

That is so nice of Annie. What an awesome gift to receive. Definitely happy about receiving it.

Lana said...

Thats so cool!!! ...yeah! HOW does she do that?! LOL

Annie said...

Look at that happy face! I'm so glad he likes the needlecase. I had fun making it and I hope he has fun using it! Thanks for sharing the photo.

MaryT said...

What a wonderful gift and I can see it is really appreciated!

Mary in IN

chrisstitches said...

Very very nice of her. Thanks for sharing.
Chris B. (CCS)

Sonda said...

What a cutie! And isn't it lovely to have a child who can appreciate a handmade gift?

Cait said...

Doesn't it just warm your heart to see how generous Annie is? To a child given a gift in an interest he has is even more special. Your son is one special kid in my book.
Thanks for bringing up a child with values and excitement for life. You are doing a great job!

WTF Are You Reading said...

That is a wonderful gift and it inspires your son to create more works of art.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

That is so neat that your son got RAK...wow..I am so happy for him that he got what he got. Now he will be stitching up a storm..

Take care & Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad